Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Weekend and Play Date


We had a great Valentine's weekend around here.









We started off Saturday morning with our usual photo shoot around here.


















Lucas has taken a HUGE interest in my hair lately. He loves to lay on the floor and me cover him with my hair. Below are some pictures of his funny faces when I am tickling him with my hair.









After our adorable and fun photo session, we spent the day hanging out around the house and doing some much needed cleaning. Ben's parents offered to take Lucas for the night so that we could have a "baby-free" evening and enjoy Valentine's Day. We dropped him off at 6 pm and we went to our favorite Japanese restaurant, The Ninja. We had a very long, but delicious, hibachi meal. Unfortunately, Lucas had a tough night and did not eat or sleep much that night so we picked him up early on Sunday. However, we had a great night of sleep!

Lucas spent the most of Sunday eating and sleeping trying to catch up from the previous night. My parents came up and hung out with us for the day. Lucas was so tired that he fell asleep on my dad's chest, something that he NEVER does for us! My mom and I took Lucas for a walk because he was a little fussy and he fell right to sleep again. He was so hungry that he ate every 1 1/2 hours. We ended the day by my mom giving him a relaxing bath and he went to bed shortly after. I also made a chocolate and vanilla marbled bundt cake with a cool heart shaped pan that Penny gave me.

We were a little worried that night because Lucas had such red cheeks, I mean like a major sunburn! It was supposed to be his first time eating bananas, but because of the weird cheeks, we decided to hold off until we spoke to the pediatrician.



On Monday we had such a great play date with Sam and Baby Olivia (4 months) and Allyson and Baby Hudson(6 months). We spent the day at Allyson's house and let the babies play together. Lucas had such a great time playing on all of Hudson's toys. He especially liked the Jumparoo! Ben and I will probably be purchasing that next! Lucas really enjoys being around other babies. I think he is fascinated with them because he is always so happy and on his best behavior. Everyone was pretty much on the same schedule which made it super easy for us. After they ate, they all took turns spitting up and pooping. We went through a lot of diapers and Allyson's house will probably never smell the same!



















Luke is still VERY interested in Olivia!









Before we left, we couldn't resist getting everyone up on the couch for some final pictures.
(Poor Olivia just couldn't get rid of all the boys messing with her!)




















After such a busy day, Lucas did get to try bananas for dinner and he seemed to really like it!

2 comments:

  1. Too cute! We had a great time, and I can tell that Lucas and Olivia are going to become good friends. I don't think she would have been quite as upset with their touching her if she hadn't vehemently refused to take a nap. We'll have to do it again sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison! That bundt cake looks fabulous! What a baker you are! I'm so glad you guys came by and I think the babies all played very well together. Hope to do it again soon!

    ReplyDelete