Oh my, life around here has changed!!! Lucas is now WALKING!!!! At the beginning of the week, Lucas took 9 STEPS. We are so proud of him (and worried for us!) It really is absolutely amazing how fast they grow. I love seeing Luke's mind growing and all of the new things he can do daily.
Tuesday morning we changed our routine around a bit and went grocery shopping at 9 a.m. We have found our new favorite time to shop. There were only moms and babies venturing out to do the week's shopping at this time. On a side note, I think it is funny that I find it important enough to now talk about grocery shopping on my blog!
Later Tuesday, we had our much needed Mommy time out Playgroup. This week it was at Lindsay's house. Lucas really likes going there because they layout of the house is like a big circle. He can just go around and around. He's become so observant lately of things hung on the wall. Every time he came around one corner and there were butterflies on the wall, he screamed in delight! Poor Jackson was upstairs sleeping and Lucas really didn't help him get a peaceful nap. The whole crew did get to eat together though. Lucas enjoyed a weird lunch of graham crackers and guacamole. This kid LOVES Mexican food! Mrs. Lindsi was even nice enough to share her bubbles with Lucas and Olivia. They love bubbles!
Wednesday, Lucas got to spend more time with Olivia and Mrs. Sam. We had some quick but fun in the sun over at their pool. Both babies started getting really sleepy, so headed back early. When we returned to their house, I brought over some white grape juice popsicles which the kids LOVED.
Daddy had a long day at work and just didn't want to sit around the house, so we headed to Walmart for a little shopping. After some shopping, we went to El Porton for dinner. Lucas enjoyed a huge meal of applesauce, avocado, cheese, and beans. This kid is definitely growing and catching up from when he was sick!
Thursday, after Lucas' nap, the whole family headed up to the pool. Lucas had such a great time being thrown in the air by Ben and leisurely floating around in his float. We also had a small picnic lunch during a pool break before heading back in.
Friday, during our chiropractor visit, Lucas surprised me once more and without any assistance getting up or holding on, he started walking around the room! Boy, is he a busy one!
That night, we went to Gigi's house for a yummy dinner of Turketti (which is my favorite meal)! Lucas had a great dinner and was almost too busy to stop and eat. He spent most of the evening showing off his new walking skills and chasing the cat.
Saturday, we all were very lazy! Lucas had a rough night and therefore took a really long morning nap. Ben and I decided we should probably catch up on some sleep too and slept for an additional 2 hours. We finally had to wake Lucas up so we could get ready for a birthday party. Lucas was of course bragged about because he was walking all around Isabella's house! People kept asking how old he was "either 14-16 months!", and then were shocked when they found out he was only 10 months.
Which by the way, Happy 10 MONTHS Lucas! Lucas turned 10 months old on Saturday and had a blast celebrating! He got to jump in a big inflatable air jumper at Isabella's 3rd birthday party. Lucas loves being around other children-as long as they leave his push-push alone!! We would have stayed around for cake except that Lucas was going on being awake for 6 hours straight and really needed some sleep. So we left and let Lucas take a little nap and then headed out for some Chinese. Lucas really liked being at the restaurant where he could look at all of the cheesy moving pictures on the wall and the fish in the fish tank.
Sunday, Pops came over for a little pre-birthday brunch at O'Charley's. When we got back home, Lucas napped while we all looked at places to go for a vacation. Right now we are undecided between Cancun and Destin. I will be happy to go anywhere!
Later, we headed out to BJ's and Target to get our monthly supply of diapers and paper products. While we were out, we got Lucas some tofu. I am shocked at how much he actually likes it!
Here are our 10 Month Stats:
- Lucas is a great eater and eats just about anything. We are finding that he is a little shy when there are a bunch of people around him and he likes to stick to his known favorites: cheese, bread, bagel, applesauce, and fruit.
- Lucas is walking everywhere now! He is a busy little boy and loves to walk. He still uses his push-push occasionally, but mostly to ram things and people with it.
- He likes to jump and really tries hard to do it by himself.
- When he "goes potty" he will wave his hand when it is stinky! So funny!
- Lucas loves to play on his keyboard and thinks he is really jamming to his music.
- He still loves all baby einstein and prefers to watch it in his infant swing still.
- Lucas wants ANYTHING that you are eating! We are really having to be careful because his daddy has a bit of a sweet tooth!
- He does not really have a favorite toy right now because his attention span with it is like Maybe 10 seconds!
- Lucas loves all different sizes and types of balls: bouncy, soccer, beach, football, squishy, hard and soft. If they are small enough, he takes them to the bannister and throws them downstairs! I am definitely losing weight going up and down the stairs!
- He loves all songs that we can sing together: If Your Happy and You Know It, Bending-Bending, Ride Your Bike, Clap-Clap-Clap, and other songs from our baby book.
- Lucas is learning so much everday! Ben taught him "How big is Lucas?" and Lucas throws out his hands so you can say "THIS BIG!"
See everyone soon! Here is a quick video of Lucas playing in the bath and learning he can drink the water...