Sunday, August 9, 2009

Mommy cried at church!

August 3-August 9

Monday began our week with a trip to the vet. I dropped Lucas off at MiMi's so she could watch him while I took Trinity to the vet. She was going for her vaccines and for them to look at a knot on her leg. When they did a biopsy, Dr. Mills discovered that it was a form of cancer called a Mast Cell Tumor. I had such a bad feeling about it that it did not shock me when he told me. Our next step is to try and get into a drug study at UGA to help treat her. Because of her age, we didn't think that surgery is the best option until we know what other treatments are out there. So now we just have to wait until Dr. Mills can talk to someone over at UGA to get us an initial exam. We are hoping to hear something on Thursday.

Tuesday we had our play group over at Mrs. Sam and Olivia's house. Lucas really likes playing over there and feeding their dog Opie. Jackson was a very active little boy this week! Both Lucas and Olivia took turns wearing little Jackson's hat. Well, Lucas didn't really want to, but I had to insist!


















Here is a sample of all the fun we get to have when we do playdates!


Wednesday we didn't have much on our agenda. We did get out for a quick trip to go pick up MiMi and take her to Pop's office so she could have work done on her mouth.

Thursday we were really starting to get bored, so Lucas and I went to Poole's Mill Park and played around. Lucas felt like a big boy because he got to walk around the park all by himself and without having to hold my hand. We attempted the swing, but there were so many other things to look at, that it didn't keep his attention long. Next, we walked down to the river and played in a small pool area closed in by rocks. He was fascinated at the older kids sliding down the rocks and splashing into the water. I saw a quick glimpse into our future with a strong-willed, dare- devil!

Friday morning we went to the elementary school that I used to work at to meet with a girl that will be making Lucas' birthday cake. I really wanted to do a Lil' Prince theme, but I had to change my mind when I realized how much Lucas likes Mickey Mouse. Anyway, Sarah designed a beautiful Mickey Mouse cake and I can't wait to see it!
I also heard from Dr. Mills today and Trinity has an appointment next Wednesday to get an evaluation done and some blood work to determine her eligibility for the chemo treatment. I am excited to get there and get her treatment rolling!
Later that day, Lucas and I went down to visit GiGi for a diffent kind of Friday night dinner. Lucas was the only boy there!! Pop-Pop and Uncle Taylor went fishing in Florida and Daddy went out with some people from work. Since it was such a small crowd, we treated Lucas to pizza and ice cream. He even got his very own baby cone which he really LOVED!

Saturday, Ben got out and did some yard work until he ran out of gas. It takes a lot to cut an acre!! Since Lucas and I were getting restless inside, we decided to take Daddy to Poole's Mill Park and show him around. Lucas got on the swing for a long time while Daddy took a million pictures! After the photo session, we went down to the river and played until someone yelled snake and we were out of there!










That night we met MiMi and Pops at Chili's for dinner. After being told it would only take 15-20 minutes because we needed a high chair, and then waiting for over 30 watching several larger groups with babies who needed a hair chair flipped over for the carrier, we got fed up! Ben and Pops spoke with the manager who was not helpful at all and was listening to the lying hostess. We were so mad that we just left and went to Outback instead. They seated us instantly and were very accomadating with a baby! If you know me, you know that once you make me mad like that, we will not be back (no matter how good your margaritas are!)

Sunday was a day that I probably wont' forget! We were trying out a new church that day, Mountain Lake Church, and we were putting Lucas in the nursery for the first time. When we got there, he got a name tag and they showed us which room he would be in. As we were checking out the room from the hallway, Lucas just leaned right over the baby gate into one of the volunteers arms and never looked back! I don't know what happened to me, but I lost it right there! Tears were pouring out of my eyes and I couldn't stop. I was so shocked by how quickly he adjusted that I didn't even get to ask all of my responsible mommy questions! We were even meeting some friends, Sam and Jason there, and I'm sure they thought I had lost my mind! Fortunately I was able to get it together by the time the service started. The good news is that we really liked the church and will be trying it out for awhile.

Later that afternoon, we went to Hudson's first birthday party. Lucas had a great time playing with their toy grill and cooking hot dogs on it. He even thought that Olivia needed a bite too! Lucas went outside and played with the water toys in the yard and got soaked! When we came back in, I was changing Lucas when another baby crawled up and grabbed his hair and wouldn't let go. Poor Lucas was screaming! It really just went down hill from there. Next, a big kid threw a dinosaur at him and hit his toe and really freaked him out. With the party being during Luke's nap time and him getting sleepy, we decided that was our que to start packing up! Thanks for inviting us and Happy Birthday Hudson!










No comments:

Post a Comment