Saturday, August 22, 2009

Happy Birthday Grandmama!

August 10-August 23

Monday was a very productive day for us. I was able to completely clean the house while Lucas played in each room. Usually I do my cleaning when he is asleep, but he is becoming so independent! Later, we went grocery shopping and then as a reward for him being such a good boy at the store, we headed up to the pool. It was so wonderful because we had the whole place to ourselves and didn't have a million kids there.

Tuesday we had playgroup at our house. Lucas and Olivia crawled all over the place and were fascinated by the gate. Poor Olivia even got a bump on the head, but it never slowed her down! That girl is one tough chick! Jackson was a little tired and took a nap up in Lucas' room while we all ate and Selena just hung out with the girls and Luke.

Later that night, we packed up everyone and the two dogs and headed up to the Wheeler's house for the night. We were staying there over night because it would cut 30 minutes out of our trip for the next day when we took Trinity to UGA. MiMi was such a help and came with us so that I could concentrate on Trinity while she kept Lucas entertained. After several hours at the vet, it was decided to leave Trinity up there over night and they would do a biopsy tomorrow and then she could come home.

The doctors were great at UGA and called several times to give me updates on Trinity. I was able to pick her up Thursday afternoon. I dropped Lucas off at MiMi's so he didn't have to do the 3 hour car ride and the waiting at the vet. When I returned to pick Lucas up at 7:30, he was fed and happy. Thank you MiMi for watching him!

Friday night was a fun day for all of us around here. Lucas got to go to MiMi and Pop's house while Ben and I went to the Incubus concert with Olivia's parents, Sam and Steve. I know that I am a little over protective of Lucas, but I think I did a pretty good job without him. We all had a great time despite one little incident of mine that happened that I would like to forget, but those there with us, hum-hum Steve and Ben, will not let me live it down!









The following Tuesday, we had our play date over at Mrs. Lindsi's house where Lucas and Olivia got to play together. Those two are so cute together!









Friday was Grandmama's birthday so we had our first celebration over at GiGi's house. Lucas was his charming self and helped make it a very special event! Happy Birthday Grandmama! Grandmama even took time to teach Lucas how to blow out the candles from a birthday cake since his birthday is just a week away!!!!


















On Saturday we continued Grandmama's birthday celebration and went to one of my favorite places to eat, The Smith House up in Dahlonega. Lucas had one of the best meals of his life! When he got tired of one food, we just gave him another to eat up. I have never seen him eat so much in one sitting! He loved it!

On another note, Lucas had a great time at church on Sunday (and I did even better.) We also found out that the next time he goes, he will be moving up to the ONE YEAR OLD class!!

Check back soon for his ONE YEAR BIRTHDAY blog!



No comments:

Post a Comment