Sunday, August 2, 2009

I Have an 11 month old baby!!!

July 27-August 2


"Good Morning Sunshine and Happy 11th Month Birthday!"
(Look at that hair!)

My little baby woke up this morning and celebrated his 11 months birthday. I think he knew it was a big day too because he did three new things today!!! First, at breakfast, he signed "more" correctly (not just a clap but with fingers touching). Second, he began dancing to the music on the t.v. It is absolutely the funniest thing to watch! Third, he ate big boy ravioli! It is not his favorite food, but he could feed it to himself and was happy about that.

We headed out and met MiMi, Laura and Peyton at O'Charleys for lunch and then headed to Pop's office. One of the ladies at the office bought Lucas a cute outfit and I wanted to thank her. Unfortunately Lisa was not there, but we enjoyed seeing everyone else anyway. Afterwards, we headed to the grocery store to stock up on our fruits and veggies.

Tuesday, we were so excited to have our Mom's playgroup. We missed them last week because of our company, but were definitely ready for some mommy time! This week we all met at Mrs. Lindsi's house. She of course blew bubbles for Lucas and Olivia and even had a bunch of toys out that they could play with. Olivia is now crawling and chasing Lucas all over the place. Those two babies are so cute together. I love it when Olivia wants Lucas and just tackles him!









That night we took a drive over to visit my parent's and check out their new t.v. They also haven't seen Lucas in awhile and really missed him! My dad went to Wilkes Meat Market and got some of the best filets I have ever had in my life! I made mashed potatoes to bring becuase Uncle Taylor really likes them!

Wednesday we went to the chiropractor and then to BJs to pick up our monthly supply of diapers, wipes and coffee (yes, coffee-they have the biggest back they make of Dunkin Donuts coffe for less than the price of two small bags!). We then went up to the outlet mall to go shopping with MiMi while she picked out some presents for people. We surprised daddy and bought him a PS3 video game because I am so proud of him for getting his MCSE (Microsoft certification). Before we left, we stopped by the food court and got an ice cream cone and a coke. Lucas got to taste for the first time what a coke float tastes like-He Loved it!!! He gets super excited when his mouth starts fizzing! Next, we went to Parsons to look at a few more charms for my Pandora bracelet. Lucas took a small nap along the way! While we were there, we took Lucas to the Christmas display that they have put out where you can see all of the different villages. He was fascinated by the small houses and the moving figures. Lucas would let anyone in the world pick him up if they would just let him stare at the display.

Thursday we met MiMi again for lunch and then went back to Parsons. Unfortunately, I did not have my bracelet with me yesterday and couldn't decide what I liked without it. We finally decided upon some light blue Murano glass charms and even added a Christmas tree charm for last Christmas. Thanks MiMi for all of the charms!! While they were cleaning my bracelet, we let Lucas look at the Christmas display again and then we walked down to a new kid's consignment store, Kid to Kid. What we didn't know was that we had arrived 4 minutes before their Grand Opening! It was nuts with clowns and balloons and screaming kids! We left there with a high chair for my mom, a big activity block, a riding John Deer toy, and a spider man toy. Since Ben was working late, I took the high chair to my parent's house and had dinner with them.

Friday, Ben came home early and wanted to take Lucas to look at the Christmas display at Parsons. We then walked down to Kid to Kid to see if there were any more toys that Lucas would like (yes, we are addicted to buying him things!) After his afternoon nap, we headed down to the mall to do some bathing suit shopping for me. I didn't find any that I liked, but I did get two new dresses! Of course, we had to go into the Mickey Store where Lucas loves to see all of the stuffed animals and watch movies on the big screen.

Saturday was very busy for our family! Benand I left our house at 1:00 to take Lucas over to my parent's house so they could watch him while we went to a movie with the Wheelers. After we dropped him off, we took a very long drive over to the Mall of GA to see Harry Potter on the 3-D Imax. We almost didn't make it in time because the movie didn't have previews! Seriously, what are the chances of that happening! After the movie, we went to eat at the Kani House and then picked up some donuts at Krispy Kreme. Next, we took our 1hr and 45 min drive back to Canton to pick up Lucas and then the 40 minute drive back home to Cumming. It was fun going out, but I'm not sure how worth it was with the driving! Lucas enjoyed spaghetti for the first time at Grandma and Pop-Pop's house though and you could tell he had a great time!

Sunday we took it very easy and only ventured out to go to Provinos so Lucas and I could meet some of Pop's relatives that were staying at their house. We had a great week and are not looking forward to the next week where I have to take Trinity to the vet because she has a knot on her leg...

No comments:

Post a Comment