Saturday, June 20, 2009

Getting Ready for Father's Day!!!

"My Little Mischief Maker"

Life has been pretty busy around here preparing for this busy week! On top of it all, Lucas and I have been walking the neighborhood every morning and then coming back to do more exercises at home together. He loves it when I hold him during sit-ups and then kiss him while doing push-ups!









First, on Monday we went to the chiropractor. Lucas loves playing with the massage therapist Mrs. Ann while I get adjusted. She always tickles his back and plays with her long hair. Then, Lucas and I ate together at Atlanta Bread Co. It was so nice going out to eat with my little man. At lunch, I discovered that Lucas LOVES pickles. I'm not sure if they are ok for him to eat, but he sure did like them. Next, went to the grocery store to get the meals for the week and everything I need to fix for Mimi's birthday dinner at our house.
Monday night I tried a new recipe and made lettuce wraps for dinner-YUM! Lucas really enjoyed eating the edamame and chicken. I also had to start the preparations for the food tomorrow, so I started making a Black Forrest Cake.











Tuesday, we had our playgroup over at Sam and Olivia's house. Lucas was so animated playing with Olivia's basket of toys and pushing her around in his old walker. The mommies ate a yummy salad bar and had Oreo pudding for dessert that I made.
Here are two videos of Lucas and Olivia in the walker...




After our playgroup, we had to hurry home and get dinner ready for The Wheelers. I made a bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin with scalloped potatoes, lima beans, and rolls. The scalloped potatoes were a complete FLOP! The recipe said to cook for 45 min at 400 degrees. I let them sit in there for 1hr and 20min and they STILL were not done! Well, I think the cake made up for it. After dinner Penny left to get home to the new kitties she is taking care of and Pops stayed around to play with Lucas and help give him a bath.

By the end of the day, we were exhausted!!!

Wednesday we stayed at home for most of the day resting and relaxing. Then, Uncle Taylor came over to help me get Ben's Father's day gift. I can't talk about it now, but it is a great gift! After shopping, we met Ben at Taco Mac and had wings. Lucas enjoyed his first grilled cheese at a restaurant. He thought he was in heaven and barely said a word!

Our busy week didn't stop there... Thursday, we continued the preparation for Father's Day and GiGi and I took Lucas to get professional pictures taken. I wanted to surprise Ben with these, but I couldn't keep them a secret so he got to see them that night! Enjoy the slide show below...



Friday, we went to the chiropractor and then headed to Target to get a gift for Sandra's baby shower and a card for Daddy. When we got there, Lucas was hungry so we stopped to eat some breadsticks and a jelly sandwich. When we were walking around the store, Lucas saw a onesie that apparently he just HAD to have so he pulled it into the shopping cart. The funniest thing was that it said "I Love Daddy" on it. So, it was added to his Father's Day pile. Lucas also spotted a microphone and a toy truck at the end of the isle and fell in love. I know, he is spoiled! I do need to start exercising some control over "his" wants!

That night, we celebrated Father's Day with GiGi. She made an amazing all-american meal of steaks, potatoes, broccoli, and a salad. Yum! Lucas had such a good time over there chasing the cat Polo and walking around with his push-push.





















Saturday was party time so Lucas and I went to a Baby Shower/Pool Party. We take his push-push everywhere so he was perfectly content! He especially loved chasing after all of the little girls running around. After we got in the pool, Lucas was exhausted, so he took a nap in his stroller. Ben was home doing yard work, but joined us when he finished. Mommy-to-be-again, Sandra, looked great! I love a woman that can be proud of her tummy and still wear a bikini! Amazingly enough, Sandra went into labor the next day and had baby boy Ashton at 1:00pm. WOW, what a weekend for her!

For dinner that night we went to Little Azio's at the Avenues and then walked around for a bit. We love going into Barnes and Noble and getting books for Lucas! While we were there, we got a Daddy book for Father's Day.

Well, check back soon for an update on how Father's Day went around here. I am so excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment