Monday, April 13, 2009

The Week of Easter


Ben was out of town this past week from Sunday until Wednesday. I took lots of pictures of the little man while he was gone. He is so active now and just loves to get into trouble!











Here is a video of the little terror learning how to throw a temper tantrum!


While he was gone we were very busy! Tuesday was jam packed with activities as well as snow! We started out having lunch with some of my girlfriends at Little Azio's at the Avenues. Lucas got to see Little Joshua again and they enjoyed making funny faces at each other.










Then, since GiGi was sick, I made her some chicken noodle soup and we took it to her. My mom's cat, Polo, is living there while my parents try to sell their house. Lucas really enjoyed chasing Polo around!
Here is a video of Lucas chasing Polo:











That night we headed up to Ben's parent's house to eat dinner with them. Lucas enjoyed a nice BIG dinner and then a bath. After his bath, Lucas crawled around and played on their bed before we headed back home.
After such a busy day, Lucas completely crashed out!!!

Wednesday, we were really looking forward to Ben coming home, but instead of making a nice dinner and making sure the house was clean, I had to go and get a kidney stone and kidney infection instead! Penny met me at the doctor so she could watch Lucas for me while I saw the doctor. Before I left the doctor's they gave me a nice shot to take the pain away, thank goodness. That night, Ben took an earlier flight and got home a little early. But he didn't come home empty handed, he had to bring a cold with him! We were a really fun house Wednesday night, me with a kidney stone and Ben sick!

Thursday was just another day around our house except that since Ben was sick, he came home a little early. By Friday, Ben still wasn't feeling that great and neither was Lucas! He was very congested and had a cough. I hoped it was allergies, but it turns out it wasn't. Friday night, our friend Shawn came over for dinner since his wife was out of town.

Lucas couldn't figure out why his nose wasn't working! He kept scrunching up his nose making funny faces trying to breathe!
Here is a video of him trying to show us his funny face:



Saturday morning, we woke up to a really sick baby so we headed to the doctor. I knew they weren't going to give him an antibiotic, but I wanted them to check his ears anyway. I am so terrified of those annoying ear infections. We did get the all clear on the ears, but were told that Lucas should be getting his upper teeth any time now! Oh no the teething again!!!!

That night, my mom and dad came over to check on Lucas and hang out for awhile. While they were playing with Lucas, I baked a cake for Easter dinner. Even though Lucas was feeling lousy, he still had enough energy to play with Gloria from Happy Feet!


















Since I had two sick men on my hands, we didn't go to church on Easter Sunday. However, we did go to GiGi's for our traditional meal. Aunt Betty and Cathy joined us from Conyers; as well as, Ben's family including Lawrence, Aunt Brooke's boyfriend.

I know I'm biased, but my little baby looked absolutely ADORABLE!! He wore a light blue jumper from Strasburg Childrens. He really should have been a model for them!









MiMi brought Lucas a very creative Easter Basket with a summer theme. He got a swimsuit, a shirt, and a matching hat from Hartstrings. There was also a bunch of fun toys, including a beach ball that Lucas played with all day. GiGi got him a cute wind up toy which he played with when we got home. My parents gave us a very practical gift of diapers (with the amount of money we spend on diapers, THANKS!)














































The food was absolutely delicious! GiGi is a fantastic cook and a wonderful host. Lucas was such a good baby and let everyone play with him and hold him. He only got fussy when it was time for his nap, but I don't know why we thought he would sleep with all of the excitement around him. After a few attempts for a nap, we gave up and fed him again. After he ate, he was ready for more action. He even got to go for a walk with GiGi, Grandma and MiMi.

We had such a great first Easter with Lucas and can't wait for many more!!

1 comment:

  1. What a precious baby boy! I LOVE that Easter outfit on him-too cute. :)

    ReplyDelete