Thursday, April 2, 2009

Party Time

Happy Birthday Boys!


We have had a pretty exciting week around here...
This past Friday, Lucas turned 7 MONTHS old!! I can't believe how fast it has gone by. He is now completely crawling everywhere...nothing is safe!! His favorite things to get a hold of are any remotes lying around, the air vents on the floor, the cat, and all computer wires (of course he would be interested in them-I blame Ben!) He is eating like crazy! He loves to chew on whole wheat bagels and teething biscuits. His favorite dinner is a combination of butternut squash, sweet potato, applesauce, and oatmeal (I know, weird huh?) Lucas has definitely developed his own personality (a.k.a The King) around here. He lets you know exactly what he does and doesn't want to do! Since he is pulling up and walking around all of his toy/activity tables, we have had to lower his mattress. He really does think he is much bigger than he really is!

Saturday was such a great day! First, we did my favorite thing around the house and cleaned! Then we got ready to go to Ben's parent's house for his birthday dinner. What he didn't know (well he was kind of tipped off a bit) was that I had planned a surprise party for him with 30 of our friends and family! I was so nervous the entire day leading up to the party. When we got to the Wheeler's house, we came in like normal and then one by one 30 people came out of the laundry room to surprise him! Ben was sooo shocked! He knew (the tip off) that our best friends Shawn and Dylan were coming as well as my parents, but he never imagined everyone else! The party was great and I want to thank everyone that helped me organize and throw the party, and of course everyone that came to celebrate! We have such wonderful friends!












































On Sunday, we went shopping at the new Target near I-575 where we met up with my parents and then ate at Taco Mac. Lucas had such a great time being carried all over the store!

Tuesday, Lucas and I went shopping to get some more gates for around the house. While we where there I also got (well fought for) a walker. Lucas really likes how he can "beep-beep" on his horn!









Wednesday was Ben's official birthday. I still find it hilarious that he was born on April Fools Day! In the morning I had his present laid out with a delicious Elvis cupcake from The Laughing Elephant Bakery. He had a great day and some of his coworkers took him out for lunch. That night we met up with his parents at Longhorn for a delicious dinner. Lucas is really becoming such a little traveler and I think he really likes going out to eat.





















Today, Lucas and I went to Pop's dental office to see all of the ladies. They are all over Lucas when we go in there. We even had a photo session where funny Pops got on the floor to play with Lucas. I'll get those pictures up when I get them. After playtime, we went shopping with MiMi and then out to eat Mexican. Ben came home later and had a much needed one-on-one guy time with Lucas. It is so amazing to watch the two of them play together!
Here's a video of Lucas crawling. Sorry it is so dark...

1 comment:

  1. Wow, love your new page! Luke really looks like your hubby! You are a lucky lady! Congrats to Mr. Crawler! He needs to give Huddy some lessons! :) Hope to see ya soon!

    ReplyDelete