Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day!

Since I am a few weeks behind, I will make this brief for all the followers so that I can catch up on some more recent blog posts.

We had a play date with a new friend, Emma. Lucas only refers to her as "baby Emma" which is so darn cute! Emma was sleeping when we arrived, so Lucas thought he was being spoiled getting to play with all of her toys by himself. Poor Emma woke up to a room full of visitors and decided that she was staying quiet the rest of the day. She did start to perk up again after a group lunch, which included Lucas' favorite, homemade hummus. Emma was not sure what to think about Lucas, especially since he was acting silly and throwing toys everywhere while trying to impress her! Maybe next play date Emma will be more awake and start showing some more of her personality.









We also had Gymboree this week and on the way there, Lucas started showing off his new talent of naming cars. I had to pull over to get this much out of him!


Lucas and Olivia did a great job learning about "push and pull" this week. At the end of every lesson, all of the children are called onto the center of the parachute. I don't know where Lucas got this from, but when he is called over, he runs to find Olivia to sit on her lap! Fortunately, she finds this just as funny as we do, and allows us to capture the moment on film! I am so glad that Lucas has such a close friend.









Thursday afternoon, Ben got home from work early and suggested we go to the park. Lucas had a great time riding on his new tricycle and playing on all of the outdoor equipment. After the park, we decided to splurge and go out to eat Mexican. Lucas was in such a great mood from all of the attention from daddy. After dinner, we stopped by Shawn and Dylan's house to say hi to everyone. Lucas was shown his first magic trick by Mr. Daugherty, and I hope it didn't scar him too badly. At first he looked around for the hidden piece of paper and then he just decided it was too risky to get close to him so he stayed far away.










Friday morning, we met up with a few other mommies and went for a walk. Lucas and Olivia had such a good time playing and screaming with each other on this walk. On the video below, they each took turns screaming or laughing at each other. It's a good thing we are out in the open and around other moms!










Later that night we all celebrated Aunt Brooke's birthday at The Cheesecake Factory. Lucas enjoyed entertaining us all by putting on Pop's sunglasses. The food was absolutely wonderful and Lucas ate a pretty good dinner. After dinner was of course, the best part of the meal, where we all got different cheesecakes. Lucas liked the cheesecakes, but definitely loved the whipped cream. He decided he needed to be a little bit different and eat the whipped cream by dipping his school bus in it first.











Ben started off this Mother's Day weekend right when he came home with tickets to the Zac Brown Band concert. My parents where such a help and they watched Lucas overnight so that we could enjoy the concert. Uncle Taylor and Matt joined us at the concert where we all had such a great time!









On Mother's Day, Ben and I woke up early to head over and pick up little man at my parent's house. Before we left, Ben let me open my present, and surprised me with a kit of 28 new lens filters for my Canon Eos XSi! I am so excited to start using them but am a little overwhelmed about learning it all! I am thinking about taking a photography class sometime this summer so I can pick up a few more photography tips.
When we got to my parents house, we hung out awhile for some pictures and then headed back home for lunch and a nap. After the nap, Ben's parents came over and we all went back over to my parent's house for a big family Mother's Day meal. It was a lot of driving for us, but definitely worth it!
Here are the pictures below...

I had such a great Mother's Day and am so fortunate to not only have a great mother, grandmother, and mother-in-law, but also to have such a great group of mom's around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment