Monday, May 18, 2009

My First Mother's Day


Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mothers in our family!

I spent my first Mother's Day morning awake for several hours before the official start of the day! Poor Lucas is teething so badly and he just couldn't calm down and get back to sleep. We finally gave him Benedryl and got to sleep in until 8:30! Before I got out of bed, Ben made the coffee and cinnamon rolls.

After I fed Lucas, it was present time! Lucas enjoyed helping me get all of the paper off the box for me and then playing in the box. I was so excited that Ben got me a ton of scrapbooking stuff! Including a Cricut Jukebox and two new cartridges!!!! I can't wait to find the time to finally use it all!



Lucas got me a beautiful card and one of the best presents any baby could ever give-he finally used sign language!!!! We were eating and at first, we thought he was clapping. However, looking a little closer, he was signing "MORE"!!!




Ben let me take my sweet time getting ready for the day. I definitely took advantages of days when I could shower, put my make-up on, and dry my hair without getting pulled in a bunch of directions.




While Ben was getting ready, I packed up Luke's toys. Here he is chilling out in his pack and play waiting to leave.





For my first Mother's Day, both Ben and my families went to the Waverly Hotel at the Cobb Galleria for the Mother's Day brunch. If you have never been, I highly recommend it!!! WOW!!































GiGi wanted some alone time with Lucas and offered to watch him while we went to the Waverly. She had such a good time! I heard that they went for a walk, she had company over to meet him, they ate a lot of food, and crawled around every square inch of her place! Thanks GiGi!

Happy Mother's Day to All!!

No comments:

Post a Comment